"Educating Mind, Heart and Spirit", the motto of the Archdiocesan Catholic Schools of Galveston-Houston, expresses the sixty year commitment that Saint Joseph Regional Catholic School has made to the development of the total child.
Since it opened its doors, on September 13, 1948, Saint Joseph has kept pace with changes in society while continuing its mission to provide quality education, rooted in spiritual and moral values, to children of all races and creeds from Baytown and surrounding areas. Today St. Joseph Catholic School is a regional school encompassing the Baytown parishes of St. Joseph, St. John the Evangelist, Holy Family, and Our Lady of Guadalupe.
Sisters of the Incarnate Word and Blessed Sacrament congregation, based in Houston, were the first teachers at St. Joseph. Over the years, religious vocations declined and nuns who were teachers entered other ministries. The Incarnate Word sisters have maintained close ties with Saint Joseph. In 2009, the Vietnamese Dominican sisters agreed to join the faculty of the school. Their presence among the children ensures the establishment of a strong Catholic formation in the student body.
All of the advantages at Saint Joseph are made possible due to the strong support of the Pastor, Father Dwight Canizares, the parishioners Saint Joseph Parish, and the dedication of the alumni, the parents, the faculty, and the staff who work together as part of the St. Joseph family.